Plan for the organisation of the space of the site located
where the old Montparnasse station used to stand
october 8th 1970
The site = TWO VAST EXCAVATIONS lying ON EITHER SIDE OF THE underground RAILWAY.
- STOP WORK ON THE SITE
- ORGANISE IT
- BY SHORING-UP THE SIDES and RAMPS
- BY COLORING the sides with the help of plastic material, BLUE for the larger excavation, ORANGE for the other
- by transforming the two curved sides of the underground railway passage into 2 GIGANTIC MIRRORS (two-way mirror)
- BY LAYING DOWN A LAWN on the levelled ground at the bottom of the excavations
- by installing LIFTS up to street level
- by planting PINE-TREES around the complex
This amounted to proposing the organisation of A RECREATIONAL AREA on the site and instead OF THE MONTPARNASSE TOWER.