The ACCESSKEYS, or shortened keyboard, make it possible to traverse the Web pages by using only the keyboard. These combinations of keys facilitate the life of many Net surfers of which those reached of handicaps.
- 0 : list of the accesskeys
- 1 : home
- 2 : content, after the menu
- 3 : site map
- 7 : contact
According to your browser, the procedure change (Openweb source) :
To type the figures of the accesskeys, it is sometimes preferable to use the keys in top of the keyboard and not those of the numeric keypad.
- Chrome 3 & 4 Windows : Alt + Shift + [accesskey] (personnal experience)
- FireFox 2 & 3 Windows : Alt + Shift + [accesskey]
- Internet Explorer Windows : Alt + [accesskey] then Enter
- Opera 9 Windows XP : Shift + Esc then [accesskey] (personnal experience)
- Opera 7 Windows, Macintosh, Linux : Esc + Shift and [accesskey];
- FireFox 1, Mozilla, Netscape, K-Meleon Windows: Alt + [accesskey]
- MSIE Macintosh : Ctrl and [accesskey] then Enter
- Safari 1.2 Macintosh : Ctrl and [accesskey]
- Mozilla, Netscape Macintosh : Ctrl and [accesskey]
- Galeon/Mozilla/FireFox Linux : Alt and [accesskey]
- Konqueror 3.3+ : Ctrl, and [accesskey] (successively)
- Netscape 4, Camino, Galeon, Konqueror before the version 3.3.0, Omniweb, Safari before the version 1.2, Opera Windows/Linux before the version 7, don't support the accesskeys.